Lifty Makeup Brush Review: $5 Foundation Brush???

Lifty Makeup Brush is a product I picked during my Yesstyle haul. The face brush was $5.15 CAD and it looked similar to a lot face brushes that were raved about on Youtube, For $5.15, I decided that it wouldn't hurt to try the product out.



This brush hairs felt really dense, the top part of the hair felt soft which is a good sign. Who likes their brushes being prickly on your face?

This is a before foundation photo of me, I did put a bit of makeup on


Makeup used:
- Marc Jacobs Under(cover) Perfecting Coconut Face Primer
- Urban decay primer potion
- Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayon in Blacquer
- Heroine Make Volume & Curl Mascara - Super waterproof
- Kat Von D Tattoo liner in Trooper
- ABH Dipbrow in Soft Brown
- ABH Tinted Brow Gel in Brunette
- Marcelle Accent Eyebrow Crayon in Brun Tendre
- L'Oreal Ultra-Fine Tip Shaping Pencil in Dark Brunette





I applied my foundation with my hands. I find applying foundation with my hands before using a brush makes it way easier to blend and saves time.



After blending with the Lifty makeup brush


The sides of face as well




I needed more coverage on my cheeks due to my rosacea. So here are photos after applying and blending with a second layer of foundation.



I also added some concealer under my eyes, above my eye area, nose and cheeks. I blended using the brush as well. Blending out my concealer was a bit tougher, I felt like I could get better coverage and better aim at my dark circles using my fingers. 

Here is a photo after adding my powder to set the foundation and concealer



Face of the day


Products used:

Face:
- Marc Jacobs Under(cover) Perfecting Coconut Face Primer 
- Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H Makeup
- Mac Pro Longwear Concealer
- Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base  "Nude Radiance"
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder
- Benefit Hoola Bronzer
- Illamasqua Powder Blusher "Beg"
- Urban Decay Afterglow Highlighter "Sin"

Eyes:
- Urban decay primer potion
- Laura Mercier Artist Palette in the shade "Truffle" & Guava
- Stila Eyeshadow in "Terracotta"
- Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayon in Blacquer
- Heroine Make Volume & Curl Mascara - Super waterproof
- Kat Von D Tattoo liner in Trooper
- Innisfree Gel Liner #10 Chic Black
- Rimmel Waterproof Eye Liner in Nude
- ABH Dipbrow in Soft Brown
- ABH Tinted Brow Gel in Brunette
- Marcelle Accent Eyebrow Crayon in Brun Tendre

- L'Oreal Ultra-Fine Tip Shaping Pencil in Dark Brunette
- Etude House Bling Bling Eye Stick #9 Golden Tail Star

Lips:
- Revlon Colourburst Lip Butter in "Wild Watermelon"


My Overall Thoughts: I definitely feel for the price I paid for the brush, it performed pretty well. I feel it didn't really cut down my time to blend out my foundation and concealer when comparing it to my foundation brushes I normally use. Also keep in mind that the foundation I used was on the more liquid side and I mixed it with a luminizing product. The size of this brush was pretty small, but it did do a good job of getting into the smaller spaces on my face. 

Note: I tried using this brush with a thicker foundation ( Marc Jacobs Re(marc)able Foundation), and it works really well. I feel like I had a easier time blending with this foundation. It could also be because I got used to using this brush.

Conclusion: If you're shopping on Yesstyle,ca and you need a couple dollars to meet free shipping or if you're doing a haul, I would say this is a good product to purchase just to try out. I think this product will perform depending on your skin type and the products being used.This product is not a huge investment but it performs well. I liked how the brush didn't leave my foundation streaky and patchy. I am interested in trying a different brand of a similar product in the future such as the Etude House one. If any one has any suggestions on a similar product, let me know!

If you have any questions feel free to comment down below. Thanks for reading!

Vivian


Comments

Popular Posts