Happy Lunar New Year! Lunar New Year Inspired Makeup Look FOTD

Happy Lunar New Year! As a Chinese Canadian, growing up I have always celebrated Chinese New Year with my family. This year is the year of rooster which is my zodiac animal! Can't believe it has been 12 years already, time definitely flies by the older you get. Today I decided to do a Lunar New Year makeup look. The colours are inspired by the gold, red and other warm tones that typically are associated with the holiday.



Product List:

Face:
- Marc Jacobs Under(cover) Perfecting Coconut Face Primer 
- Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H Makeup
- Mac Pro Longwear Concealer
- Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base  "Nude Radiance"
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder
- NYC Sunny Bronzer
- Mac "Style" Powder Blush
- Urban Decay Afterglow Highlighter "Sin"

Eyes:
- Urban decay primer potion
- Aritaum Mono Eyes No. 92 Cozy Touch
- Stila Eyeshadow in "Terracotta"
- Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayon in Blacquer
- Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette in "Half Baked"
- Heroine Make Volume & Curl Mascara - Super waterproof
- Kat Von D Tattoo liner in Trooper
- Innisfree Gel Liner #10 Chic Black
- Rimmel Waterproof Eye Liner in Nude
- ABH Dipbrow in Soft Brown
- ABH Tinted Brow Gel in Brunette
- NYX Micro Brow Pencil in Brunette
- Marcelle Accent Eyebrow Crayon in Brun Tendre
- Etude House Bling Bling Eye Stick #9 Golden Tail Star
- Velour Lashes in " Oops Naughty Me"

Lips:
- Mac Matte Lipstick in "Chili"

I want to mention that the Velour lashes didn't really work out for me. I can't have nice things, the mink hairs fell out of the lashes every time I tried cleaning them. I think the cheaper end false lashes are a better fit for me. Also I know my brows are still a working progress. Drawing in my eyebrows is such a difficult task everyday because I have very sparse eye brows. I barely have any hairs, so everyday I have to shape and fill them in. I'm constantly trying to find the right colour and products to improve my eyebrows. I'm considering getting my eyebrows microbladed sometime this year. If any one has experiences with the process please let me know. I hope you all have a great year filled with prosperity and good health! 

Thanks for reading!

Vivian 

Comments

Popular Posts