Oahu, Hawaii 2017/2018 Trip: Day 9 - First day of 2018 and hiking the Makapuu Lighthouse Trail

It was New Years Day and we were determined to make our first day 2018 awesome. We tried finding a place to get breakfast but it seemed that a lot of places were closed. So we decided to grab some quick breakfast at 7 Eleven. Surprisingly, the 7 Eleven in Hawaii has really great food. I got some pork hash and saimin noodles and my boyfriend got a chicken burger and beef mac and cheese. It was extremely affordable and it did not taste bad at all. There's also musubi, buns, taquitos and much more. If you're on a budget or you want save some money, 7 Eleven is not a bad place to grab some premade meals.

After breakfast we decided to hike the Makapu'u Lighthouse trail. As usual parking was a nightmare and there was a lot of people there as well. However it definitely was not as crowded as Diamond Head. Something to note is that this trail has some out houses for the hikers. I will say to avoid them if possible, they were so disgusting. Also I would bring some toilet paper or kleenex cause I don't remember seeing any.

The hike it self was paved and was well maintained. It still was difficult since I'm not in shape and it was a hot day. However, this hike does have some amazing views and I highly recommend coming here.


After the hike we followed this path to a beach. Honestly, I don't quite remember how to get there, after the hike we saw some people walked down this path with their beach stuff, so we decided to follow them. I wasn't able to take any photos but it was definitely a cool place to check out. There were these pools that were nice and shallow to relax in and if you walk a bit further you can dive in to these deeper pools. Since I couldn't swim, I didn't do it personally but my boyfriend did and he had a great time in the deeper pools.  Please note that it is a challenge to get to the pools from the beach, there was a lot of rocks so we had to pretty much climb over them. It's hard to explain this place, but if you make it here, you will know what I'm talking about.

After our adventure we went home to clean up. For dinner we decided to try Teddy's Bigger Burgers in Waikiki. Teddy's is actually a franchise here in Hawaii and is very popular with tourists. When we got there, it was very crowded and props to the employees there for keeping their cool with the chaos. I ordered the Volcano burger and my boyfriend got the Hawaiian burger. Of course we also some garlic butter fries with our burgers. In addition we decided to split a Kona Coffee Milkshake with our meal. The milkshake was very thick, huge and delicious and we were glad to split it instead of ordering one each. The burgers were alright, the Hawaiian burger needed more flavour and for some reason my bun on the Volcano burger was cold. The fries were on point, I enjoyed every bite of the greasiness. Overall we had a good dinner, but we don't feel that it was the best burgers we've ever had. If you do come to Hawaii and you're craving burgers,  Teddy's wouldn't be a bad choice.


After dinner we went home and relaxed for the rest of the night. We only had one more day here in Hawaii and couldn't believe our trip was ending so soon. Stay tune for two more posts on this trip.

Vivian

Comments

Popular Posts